"This is what I call 'modern '50s' music," says David Lynch about the exclusive track EW is streaming here from a new, Lynch-lyric'd album called Fox Bat Strategy. The director of Blue Velvet, Inland Empire, and so many other dream-nightmares told EW, "I produced this music and wrote these lyrics, and these songs sat on the shelf since about 2006 until now." Lynch has entitled the album Fox Bat Strategy: A Tribute to Dave Jaurequi, in honor of the recording's guitarist and vocalist, who died in 2006 at age 50. As you can hear on this track, "Shoot The Works," Jaurequi intones Lynch's love lyric like a rockabilly balladeer. When I suggested that Jaurequi sounds like Ricky Nelson on a midnight prowl, Lynch says, "Yeah! That’s right! I love that '50s feel of innocence and pain mingling."

1. They Go Down
2. Lost on Cahuenga
3. Almost an Angel
4. Shoot the Works
5. You’re the One
6. Rollin’ Down With You
7. I Dream of You

download movie

0 comments

Blog Archive

Categories